The main staple foods actually have a very long shelf life and are therefore good for creating some stock.
Wherever you look for information on proper stockpiling, grain is always at the forefront.
Of course, you can store a lot of food and especially canned food, but then what food is still healthy?
This is another question that should be asked.
Here is a list of foods that you can also grind with an electric Salzburg grain mill and the MH 4 hand mill:
- All dry cereals such as wheat, rye, spelt, amaranth, quinoa, emmer, buckwheat, rice, corn, lentils, beans, chickpeas.
Millet, oats and flaxseed can be ground.
- The MH 4 hand mill can also be used to grind coffee!
A supply of about 1 month per person living in the household is advisable.
Furthermore, we recommend storing the following foods as a precaution:
- Whole grain cookies have a very high shelf life when made without butter
- Pasta from wholemeal flour and semolina
- Fruit and vegetables in jars
- Canned food with e.g. soups, vegetables, ready meals
- Canned fish and meat
- Tomato paste in tubes or cans
- Potato or potato mashed potato powder
- Sugar, honey or maple syrup
- Salt, pepper, oil and vinegar
- And most importantly, water in large, secure containers. Sparkling mineral water has a longer shelf life!