Electrical Grain Mills
Hand mills and flakers
Salzburg flake master with gear drive - oak
✔ Gear drive made of NICKEL-FREE stainless steel rollers
✔ Housing made of domestic oak wood
✔ Removable hopper – thus easy cleaning of the rollers
✔ Steel roller plain bearing
✔ Protected outside with beeswax oil
✔ Integrated oak wood container
✔ Without motor – therefore ideal in times of crisis
✔ Child-friendly – the little ones love to help out
✔ Completely plastic-free
Includes 20% MwSt.
Delivery Time: sofort lieferbar
Salzburger Master Flaker made from local oak wood
Give your day a good start with our Salzburger Master Flaker!
An old saying has it that you should “Breakfast like an Emperor“and modern technology has done nothing to change that. A healthy start to your daily life is so important. Whether it is before going to school, the office or your place of work: Homemade breakfast muesli provides strength and energy.
Only freshly pressed cereals will give you genuine wholemeal quality!
Cereal flakes produced industrially have long sell-by dates. This is soften achieved by applying steam. You very seldom read or hear about the fact that essential vitamins and enzymes are destroyed during the process. Organic labelling does not say much about the true quality of the flakes. “BIO” is an important requirement for a healthy diet. However, even the best organically grown grain can become almost worthless due to incorrect handling.
The Salzburger Master Flaker presses:
- Cereals the size of oats, spelt, wheat and rye, etc.
- Small grains such as quinoa, amaranth etc.
- Poppy seeds
- Spices such as peppercorns, coriander, cumin
- Spice mixtures
- And many others
- Nickel-free, adjustable stainless-steel rollers
- Elegant housing made from local, solid oak wood, carefully and elaborately worked
- Removable hopper – allowing easy cleaning of rollers.
- Outer surfaces protected by beeswax oil coating
- Integrated oak wood collection drawer
- Firm attachment of base plate
- Ideal for crushing spices etc.
The Salzburger Flake Master impresses with its sleek design.
The round, smooth container allows resistance-free passing of the grains through to the rollers. The processed flakes are then directly collected in the integrated collection drawer, thus avoiding any inclusion of breakable glass or plastic particles.
An essential feature of our construction design is the use of nickel-free, stainless-steel rollers.
Pre-Soaking the ingredients before processing is possible, but not necessary.
The round hopper allows the grains to flow quickly to the rollers. On the other hand, the avoidance of cracks, splits or joints guarantees the greatest possible degree of hygiene.
The hopper is removable, which makes cleaning the rollers much easier. This is especially important when you want to process grain with a high oil content, such as linseed.
The housing of the flaker is made from solid, locally grown oak wood. Its construction design is extremely elegant and sleek. Only organic beeswax oil is used for protection of the outer surfaces. You, yourself will be most impressed when you get the feel of your flaker.
The new design of the base plate fastening device ensures optimal grip on the most diverse of worktops (table-tops, window-sills, etc.
Use your Salzburger Master Flaker for crushing spices:
Crush spices for your homemade bread with your Salzburger Master Flaker. Crushing results in larger, thin flakes. These can then be rubbed by hand to the smallest possible size required.
Statement made by Franz Sövegjarto, Chef – Gold Medallist at the IKA/Olympiade of Chefs in Frankfurt: “The Salzburger Master Flaker crushes spices better than any mortar!“
The spices are wonderfully distributed in the bread. One example, when using cumin its taste is present in all the bread without having to bite on the seeds themselves.
Housing: solid, locally grown oak wood
Rollers: NICKEL-FREE Stainless Steel
Stand area: 10,5 x 11,5 cm
Height: 27 cm
Length of crank: 21 cm
Weight 2,1 kg
Flaking volume: Oats ca. 100-160 g/min, Spelt ca. 120 g /min
Mounting: with clamps for table tops from 15 to max. 50 mm thickness; Table projection min. 30 mm.
(screw clamps with a larger wingspan can be here ordered)
Suitable Types of Grain: Oats, spelt, wheat, rye, linseed, poppy seeds
Warranty: 5 years
Description of the geared flaker for those interested in the technical aspects.
- All wooden parts are made of selected, high-quality beech wood, chosen exclusively from native forests.
- The rollers are made of nickel-free steel.
- The gears are cut from corrosion-resistant, stainless steel plates.
- The scrapers are also made of stainless steel.
- The crank is made of stainless steel with a beech, oaken or walnut wooden handle.
- The table clamp is a normal part which on request is available with a wider wingspan
- Basic frame
With the Y-shape of the stands, technical necessity meets with aesthetic design. The two rear stands are wider so that they cover the gears. All 4 stands are used to fit the rollers and scrapers, as well as fixing the hopper. A table stop is integrated into the base plate. The table clamp is recessed in the stop, which gives higher stability. All edges are rounded.
- The round finely worked shape of the funnel is completely edge-free inside. This seamless production method prevents residues of seeds and grains. Any possible contamination is therefore avoided. The funnel base plate forms the transition from the rectangular shape of the stands to the round shape of the funnel. The funnel unit is fixed to the stand spires via 4 wooden dowels. When cleaning the rollers, the hopper unit can easily be removed without use of any tools. Furthermore, the funnel base plate covers the end face of the gear protection (child protection). Hopper removal – see user manual.
- The inlet wedge through which the grain flows to the rollers is at the bottom of the funnel base plate
- The two rollers made of nickel-free, stainless steel move in opposite directions, whereby the left roller is driven by the hand crank. The crank thread runs outwards. Power is transferred from the end face of the crank thread to the end face of the roller. This means that both the Internal and external threads remain free of any power closure. Both rollers have 2 smooth rounded surfaces with a larger diameter than the knots. This prevents damage to the knots when applying the powerful fine adjustment. The opposite positioned knots cause the crushing process.
Note for allergy sufferers or friends of vegan drinks:
Prepare the “milk” for your breakfast muesli yourself. Then you will know what “it really contains”.
More Infos: https://veganstar.eu