Brod & Taylor Folding Fermenter and Schongarer
The FP-205 Foldable Fermenter & Schongarer is the evolution of the well-known FP-201. It has an even better temperature accuracy as well as a gentle mode. Production of the FP-201 was thus discontinued.
The Brod & Taylor fermenter can be stored in a space-saving way and is ready for use again in just a few steps. The FP-205 can be used continuously to provide you with temperatures from approximately 21 °C to 90 °C.
Foldable cooking machine & slow cooker
Device. Infinite possibilities.
Your cooking pot becomes a slow cooker
Practical & space saving design.
Your favorite cooking pot becomes your favorite slow cooker.
The dream of every amateur baker
Accurate temperature control. Constant humidity.
The ultimate solution for fermentation and cultivation.
Sophisticated foldable design
Foldable design for space saving storage
Large enough to hold several loaves of bread or a large mixing bowl – When folded, it fits along with your baking sheets or cutting boards, in any larger kitchen drawer. The grille as well as the water tray are stored in the folded unit.
How it works: Fermentation mode
The Brod & Taylor FP 205 Fermenter & Schongarer creates an environment of consistent low temperature heat, which is essential for many cooking processes. Our automatic proofing machine provides the ideal heat for dough, yogurt, superfoods and for tempering chocolate.
A thermostat in the bottom of the fermenter controls the heat, so the fermenter operates much more continuously than commercial yogurt makers, dehydrators, or ovens with fermentation inserts. The ingredients are heated by radiant heat from the base and usually remain stable within a few degrees.
Gentle and even radiant heat rises from the aluminum heating plate and heats the ingredients. Grids and shelves are stored in the unit when stowed. In fermentation mode, settings from 21°-49° C are available with the digital temperature controller.
Fermentation mode – Moist
For rising bread dough, the humidity can be increased by using the supplied water container (typical humidity 60-80%).
Fermentation mode – Dry
The Brod & Taylor FP 205 Fermenter & Schongarer can of course also be used without the water bowl. This is particularly suitable for tempering chocolate as well as making yogurt, butter, tempeh, kefir, kombucha, sour cream, creme fraiche, cheese and natto. To do this, remove the water tray and place your container of ingredients on the rack above the hot plate.
How it works: Schongarmode
The world’s first foldable slow cooker: Stowed only 8cm thin!
- Temperature range: 21°-49º C in proofing mode & up to 90º C in slow proofing mode
- Typical humidity 60-80
- Anodized aluminum heating plate
- Stainless steel grille
- Aluminum water bowl
- Reinforced polypropylene body with large viewing window
- Instruction manual with recipe booklet
- Max. 200W power consumption
- Voltage: 220-240 V, 50 Hz (200 watts)
- Weight: 3.4 kg, weight with packaging 4.3 kg
- Inner dimension (opened) WxDxH:: 38 x 32 x 20 cm
- Outer dimension (opened) WxDxH: 46 x 37 x 27 cm
- Outer dimension (folded) WxDxH: 46 x 37 x 8 cm
- 3 years
- The model FP-205 Foldable Fermenter and Schongarer replaces the model FP-201. The FP-205 is a further development of the FP-201 and additionally includes a slow cook mode. See FAQs for more information.
- Storage: grid, water tray as well as walls can be stored in the fermenter.
- Power cord: You will receive an EU Schuko plug (as shown). We also have plugs for more countries like. E.g. Great Britain & Ireland in stock. Please contact us if you need another cable.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe