Make Frozen Yogurt at home by yourself
Especially on a hot summer day we long for a cooling! Especially popular for this is a refreshing ice cream. Meanwhile, however, the classic ice cream gets competition from the Frozen Yogurt! This is partly because Frozen Yogurt contains fewer calories than ice cream. Here we show you how easy you can make delicious Frozen Yogurt with a few simple steps.
What exactly is Frozen Yogurt?
Frozen Yogurt is similar to ice cream, but the dessert is made just with yogurt and optionally with some milk. While ice cream is usually made with cream and a lot of sugar, Frozen Yogurt scores with less fat and less sugar.
In Frozen Yogurt bars, however, cream is often added to the refreshing dessert and then, in addition, it is also decorated with colorful and sweet toppings, such as pickled fruit, gummy bears, colorful sprinkles, cookies or pieces of cake and, finally, chocolate, fruit or caramel sauces.
Frozen Yogurt recipe
But Frozen Yogurt can also be made quite easily by yourself! You only need a few ingredients and because of the quick preparation you can conjure up the delicious refreshment spontaneously from the refrigerator.
Furthermore, when you make your own frozen yogurt, you are sure that any additives will not be added. To alternative sweetening it is recommended to replace industrial sugar with Manuka honey, as it contains many healthy ingredients.
Ingredients for Frozen Yogurt:
- 400 g of Greek yogurt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 450 g of (frozen) mango or berries
- 2 TBSP. Manuka honey 550 MGO
Scrape out the vanilla bean and stir the vanilla pulp into the yogurt. Puree the (frozen) fruit in a food processor or blender and add the Manuka Honey. Finally, stir the fruit puree into the yogurt and divide the yogurt mixture among small dessert bowls. For a firmer consistency, place this in the freezer again for a short time.
Do you have any ice cream molds in the cupboard? Then you can pour the yogurt mixture in there, place the sticks in the center and freeze the popsicles for a few hours (preferably even overnight).
- Frozen Yogurt can also be made wonderfully as a vegan variant. For a delicious summery taste, use coconut yogurt.
- With the fruits you can choose according to your mood and taste. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or tropical fruits such as kiwis, mangoes or passion fruit are particularly suitable.
- Frozen Yogurt tastes best freshly prepared. When stored in the freezer for a longer period of time, the creamy consistency is lost due to the formation of ice crystals.