Last week we wrote to you in the blog post “ Why is so much bread thrown away? “Informs about reasons for excessive loss of bread and pastries. Today you will find out how you can do your part in your own household to ensure that less bread ends up in the trash. We have collected ideas what you can do with old bread or old baked goods.
- Whole grain bread cut into slices and freeze. Then when you want to eat it, just bake it in the toaster.
- Simply cut hard white bread or hard rolls into small cubes. Let it dry even more and then close it dumplings or Croutons
- Bread chips Make it yourself: cut the bread into very thin slices before it hardens completely. If you have a bread slicer, use it. Brush the bread slices with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and / or herbs. Now toast the bread chips in the oven until they turn golden brown.
- sugared pancake with raisins : Tear the rolls / rolls into pieces and place in a pan with butter, milk, egg, raisins and sugar. (Vegetable alternatives or other sweeteners can also be used here). Now bake the whole thing until the Kaiserschmarren is golden brown.
- bread soup : First bring the soup to the boil and add pieces of hard bread. Then let it cook for a few minutes. Then puree with a hand blender / hand blender. Refine with spices.
- Flour or breadcrumb substitute : Grind the hard Gugelhupf (bowl cake) and store in the freezer. The grated bundt cake can be used as a flour substitute and form the basis for further cakes. It is also very suitable as a crumb substitute for curd dumplings, for example.
In addition to the ideas for leftover bread, we have other ideas for leftovers
- If cooked grain is left over, it can be used as a soup, for example. If you roast the grain in oil, you can spice up salads and other dishes with it.
- Small rolls / rolls can be prepared with the remaining pizza dough. Simply shape and sprinkle with sesame, salt etc. and bake in the oven at 200 ° C for about 15 minutes.
That was: Ideas for leftover bread