here is the Berti! Now I have not been in touch for a while, but of course I still pursued my favorite hobby: I have cooked and baked. Since whole foods and seasonal ingredients are important to me, I naturally base my recipes on them. I tried something new again: a winter pizza! I also have the recipe for you and always appreciate feedback (:
Ingredients for the dough
- 500 g wholemeal flour (wholemeal spelt flour; can also be mixed with wholemeal wheat flour; and best freshly ground with a
Salzburg grain mill
- 250 ml lukewarm water (a little more if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- (natural yogurt)
- small jar of tomato sauce/ strained tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 150 g blue cabbage (red cabbage)
- 150 g cabbage sprouts (Brussels sprouts)
- 1 mozzarella
- Spices (basil, oregano, pepper, turmeric …)
- There are no limits to the vegetables here! You can also take pumpkin, mushrooms, spinach, etc.
- Alternatively, you can sprinkle your winter pizza with feta or parmesan cheese instead of grated mountain or butter cheese.
Mix the whole wheat flour with the dry yeast and the lukewarm water, sugar, salt and oil to form a dough. The dough may need more water. You can also add some natural yogurt to the dough, then it will be softer. Then cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for an hour. Then knead the dough again briefly and roll out.
While the dough is rising, you can prepare the topping: Cut the onion, wash the cabbage and cut it into thin strips, wash the cabbage sprouts and cut them into strips as well. The mozzarella should also be thinly sliced or shredded.
Berti’s tip: As mentioned above, you can vary the vegetables as you like. But pay attention to where it’s from and whether it’s in season.
After the dough is rolled out, first put the tomato sauce on it, top with the vegetables and season. Finally, top with the mozzarella.
Your winter pizza can now bake at 200°C for about 25 minutes. While the pizza is in the oven, you can make another salad: for example, a beetroot salad with horseradish and cress.
Your Berti wishes you all the best in making and enjoying your winter pizza and have a wonderful day!
That was: Berti’s homemade winter pizza